Make me a bettor man

Friday, January 26, 2007

Shitty Death Update

Ok, long time no speak. So why the vanishing act? To be honest I have been on a few holidays and working hard in the mean time. I have only been getting, say 10 hours a week for poker and it didn’t seem worth blogging. Betfair poker has a new platform and it is utter wank. I hate it. I had been offered a decent enough rake back deal from them so I thought I would test it for a bit but couldn’t get used to it. I started betting more on sports because I had money in a betfair account that was not being spent on poker. After a good punting run, probably the best of my life, it all went pete tong when for no apparent reasons I was betting shit loads on sports for a laugh. Having a grand on the NBA match and then going to bed before it started smacked of WANKER mode so I stopped. I wanted to learn bankroll management, after reading others’ woes. The Bluescouse blog shows you how not to do this and other players I know have managed to spunk $5k-$10k in a day playing well out of their roll. I had this much to lose and thought about playing a bit of $5-$10 cash but cash is not my game baby. I had a feeling I would do the lot and this is not a good way of going into any game. So, I put the poker/betting roll into the bank and have it as a deposit for a house or a few snowboarding holidays (Whistler 20008) when the time comes.

So, what now? Well, I thought I would start a $50 to $10,000 challenge. Original? No Fucking Way – but I don’t give a shit. I hadn’t got a platform to play on so popped over to a Crypto site to start the journey.

Starting with $50 I began to play $5 and $10 STT’s. I had built it up to $100 and then I went and played out of the roll – the graph below shows what a monumental fuckup I made in the space of 10 games and no cashes. I even put another $100 in the account at one point and built it up to $240 after caning the $5 and $10 STT’s. I then started to feel like a dirty fucka because the idea was not to deposit $100 when you make a mistake. The Crypto account was no good for the task. I had cheated by depositing so even though profit was showing I had to start again.



ITS ALL ABOUT BANKROLL management you gimp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home