Make me a bettor man

Monday, February 05, 2007

RULES IS RULES IS RULES

Ok, so I needed some rules. Rules are made to be broken, but I think they help focus what is possible and what is not and develop good traits/intentions.


So,

1) NO CASH – no playing cash until the bankroll reaches $2500. Think this is the most important one for me – cash tables are my weakness – because the blinds don’t go up I see no ‘end’ and try and win EVERY pot I play in with the ‘You cannot possibly call this bet’ ideology. This works well for HU, STT, MTT but not cash. So I will stay away.

2) The 5% bankroll rule. A rule of thumb often applied to build up a roll is never to play with +5% of your bankroll at any one time. I will try and follow this as a guideline – even if it means missing out on value MTT’s.

3) RAKE – I don’t get any on this site just pissy points and invites to freerolls. So, rake cannot and will not be included to the roll. I think this makes the task more difficult – well, it naturally does, but if I can beat the tables and the rake long-term them I will be well ahead of the game.

4) Cut down on HU. I love HU play but the rake will cripple me long-term 20+2 is shocking, meaning having to win 7/10 to show small gain – this makes me sick – I also don’t like the 5 handed STT’s but will have to improve. I think I play my best/most profitable poker in 20/30 runner STT’s and large field MTT’s so even though these are the variance fields that is where I will play up to $2,500+.

5) Take notes. Player notes are very important and even just putting ‘Wank’, ‘Crazy’ etc etc is better than nothing. Obviously my terminology could be improved but spotting the sharks from the fish will be important.



Anyways, that is a start. Played a bit over the weekend. Bank stood at $740 at one point but down to $650. Not down to bad play – I did push with 6,6 late on in a multi (out in 29th out of 500+ runners I think) but this was an elaborate squeeze play. A serial limper had ‘limped’ and I knew I could pick up his bet, the SB and BB if I pushed or get a call which had a fighting chance. I had a 30k stack, blinds were 2k4k and about to go up. When BB called I thought shit the bed, limper folded and I presumed I was up against a big hand – I was – the mighty JK OFF – what a cunt – J on the river sealed my fate but pre flop I was 51% favourite and can’t believe the call.

I am a pretty tight agg. player if we are going with labels but if I feel I have the beating of the table I loosen right up and try and run it. When you play a loose game you often get called and show wank – but this is more fun than waiting for AA and KK.

I spunked a bit of the roll playing a 12k gtd. $20 rebuy – I like to go crazy in the first hour and get a stack built – as soon as I hit x3 or x4 starting stack I slow down a bit but still let the cards do the talking. Starting on 2500 chips I quickly got up to 8,000 then went for a 24,000 pot three way with AK on a K high board and lost to a flush draw, got back in and went built up to 8k again when I lost another all-in three way pot with top pair good kicker against the flush draw – same cunt again. Once I had pumped $60 into the prize fund I thought it was all going a bit anti bankroll management and died a sorry death with 88 v AQ. The play on the tables was beatable but the roll could not really take the re-buy(s) so will have to keep out of this buy-in for a bit. SOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY, I am actually starting to protect the roll, I even stepped up to $20 Heads up pmsl!!! The play was better than $10 HU and I thought I had stepped out of the comfort zone – I joke – but the $10 players really are shite, at least the $20 players know what a check raise, stop and go move etc is.

Right – try and get in 20 hours this week – really want to start playing $50 games but not until I break $1000. The start has been super quick and I think I am due some Bad Beats, but he who dares Rodders!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home